No products in the cart.
Home/SOLD KNIVES OF COLLECTOR INTREST
Randall Model # 18 – 7 1/2″, made in 1965, half tang – very rare ! -SOLD
- Randall Model # 18, first introduced in 1963.
- Made – Around 1965 – 1966.
- Condition – Carried / used.
- Blade – Early Model # 18 blade grind, 7 – 9/16″ carbon steel. The knife has been sharpened and has scratches on both sides of the blade, light carbon spotting and a couple very faint pits ( extremely small). I think the blade can be carefully cleaned, I elected to leave it just the way it I bought it.
- Hilt – Is made of brass and is 3 – 3/16″ in width.
- Handle – Is made of stainless steel and 5 -1/16″ in length.
- Handle cap – The small cap and cotter pin was introduced in 1965 and used roughly 18 months before switching over to the larger crutchtip cap that we all know. There’s a picture in Gaddis’s book on page # 221 showing another Model 18 with the same style cap.
- Handle tang – The blade tang extends into the handle 2 – 5/8″. There’s 2 – 7/16″ from the end of the tang and the end of the handle.
- Sheath – Johnson splitback model “C” with large harness rivets at the throat and original ties.
- Hone – Correct period Combination Crystolon.
- Summery – A great example of an early Model 18 showing the progression of changes in the early years.
There are no reviews yet.